Roasted Veggie Vegan Tacos
If you follow me on my IG and FB stories you’ll see we make tacos for dinner often – Viva Mexico! Since moving to Mexico 5 years ago I’ve developed a love for tacos – and creating unique healthy versions to share with you!
This brand new recipe combines Meatless Monday with Taco Tuesday and you’ll seriously want to make it every day of the week! You’re going to love these delicious sheet pan roasted veggie tacos filled with perfectly seasoned vegetables and plenty of plant-based protein. Serve these easy vegetarian tacos with avocado, sliced red cabbage, fresh cilantro, and a creamy, delicious, low calorie yogurt sauce. The ultimate meatless dinner made on one pan!
You’ll also get 18g of fibre and 14g of plant-based protein per serving thanks to black beans! And because sauce = life I included my go-to sauce to drizzle and dip these tacos in.
For the spices:
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons coriander
- 1 ½ teaspoons turmeric
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Optional: ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the veggies:
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 3-4 cups cauliflower florets)
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- Optional: 1 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- ½ medium lime, juiced
For the black beans:
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 tortillas of choice, charred for serving (I love soft blue corn tortillas or keto tortillas made with almond flour by Healthy Brand in Mexico!)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Sliced red cabbage, for crunch
Cilantro Dressing (super easy as you’re just going to toss this all into the blender and put in the fridge!):
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro (a big handful)
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon monk fruit sweetener
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small Jalapeño if ya want it spicy! *optional
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons water, to thin sauce if necessary
- First, make the sauce to save you time and pop it in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Depending on the size of your sheet pan, you may need to use two pans in order to fit all of the veggies.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the spices so they are well combined: cumin, coriander, turmeric, garlic powder, oregano, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Add the cauliflower florets, diced sweet potato, red bell pepper, red onion, and corn (if using) to the prepared pan. Drizzle with avocado oil and lime juice. Sprinkle spices all over the veggies. Use a tong or clean hands to combine all the veggies so they are well coated with the spices and oil. I find that using hands is much easier!
- Roast the veggies for 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway through. You’ll know they are done when sweet potatoes are fork tender. During the last 5-10 minutes of baking, remove the pan from the oven and add the rinsed and drained black beans right to the sheet pan with the veggies. This is simply to warm the beans in the oven without needing to use another pot or bowl!
6. Serve on charred tortillas with my favorite cilantro sauce, a little red cabbage for crunch, avocado slices and cilantro. Enjoy! Serves 4, 2 tacos each.
Nutrition (macros designed for corn tortilla and may vary based on what tortilla you use)
Servings: 4 servings
Serving size: 2 tacos (without sauce)
Saturated fat: 2g
Carbohydrates: 58g (net carbs 40g)
If you liked this recipe share it with your friends! And be sure to tag me in your creations @ryallwellness
STAY TUNED for more of my most nourishing and delicious recipes in my Book, How To Eat! AVAILABLE ON AMAZON SPRING 2022.
Until next time, stay healthy! x Ryall