Gluten Free Keto Sugar Cookies
GLUTEN FREE KETO SUGAR COOKIES
In my pursuit of The Best Keto, Gluten Free, Sugar Free (but not fun free!) Sugar Cookies, I made at least 6 variations on my Mother’s traditional sugar cookie recipe – tweaking different things to get it perfect. Because what would Christmas be without sugar cookies?! Super simple to whip up and so full of healthy ingredients – I hope you love them.
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp aluminum free baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 whole egg
- ⅓ cup sugar free pure maple syrup or raw honey *honey boosts the sugar content but it is nutritive and natural (would make this no longer a keto cookie)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Add all your dry ingredients to a medium mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together egg, syrup or honey, coconut oil, almond, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until well combined, when it begins to form together into a ball.
- Wrap your ball of dough in plastic and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes (makes better cookies!)
- Once the dough has chilled, lightly dust a large board with flour and begin to roll out the dough until it’s about ¼ – ½ inch thick evenly across the board.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out holiday shapes or roll into balls
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake the cookies for about 6-8 minutes or until the edges just start to lightly brown.
- If you’re going to ice and decorate them, make sure you wait until they’re fully cooled. *My Protein Icing plus loads more of my healthy holiday recipes dropping Dec 15th!
RECIPE MAKES: 11 cookies. SERVING SIZE: 2 cookies
Macros: CALORIES: 186 TOTAL FAT: 19g CARBS: 1.5 g
I hope you LOVE them! Tag me @ryallfitness in your creations
Unveil your best you in the New Year! APPLY TO WORK 1X1 WITH ME *space is limited
Happy, Healthy Holidays!