Almond Flour Blueberry Bread
You’ll think you’re eating a blueberry muffin! A welcome change from morning Oats to get in some healthy carbs and healthy fats for breakfast or an any-time snack! Made in just one bowl and naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup. This easy healthy blueberry bread is also gluten free, grain free, dairy free and paleo #winning.
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or sub honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 ½ cups packed fine blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Optional: 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- Optional: 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the applesauce, eggs, pure maple syrup and almond extract until well combined. Add in the almond flour, flaxseed meal, baking soda and salt. Use a wooden spoon to combine. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, smoothing the top with a spatula. Bake for 45 minutes-1 hour or until the tester comes out clean in the middle of the bread. Cool bread for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely. Once cool, cut into 12 slices. Top with butter and enjoy!
Feel free to add in zest of 1 lemon for an infused lemon blueberry bread. ENJOY!
Nutrition/Serving (12 servings total): 1 slice: Calories: 216kcal Fat: 15.7g Saturated fat: 1.4g Carbohydrates: 15.1g Fiber: 5.7g Sugar: 7.3g Protein: 8.6g