BENEFITS OF COLLAGEN
Collagen is the most abundant protein in our bodies. It’s found in muscles, bones, skin, blood vessels, digestive system and tendons. For this reason, collagen’s benefits are practically unparalleled and it’s the key to younger looking skin, more luscious locks, and comfortable joints. Collagen also helps fuel bones, tendons, and connective tissue— while providing 18 essential aminos needed to support healthy muscle cells.
it can help your body with all of the following:
- Improves skin elasticity, prevents hair loss, and builds stronger nails, bones, and teeth. It may even help to reduce the appearance of stretch marks and cellulite.
- Support healthy joints and improves our mobility by helping to regenerate ligaments and tendons. Plus, it even helps reduce pain for those suffering with arthritis.
- Improves gut health. Collagen helps form connective tissue that “seals and heals” the protective lining of the gastrointestinal tract. This helps to maintain a healthy microbiome and prevent inflammatory health conditions like leaky gut, IBS, acid reflux, ulcerative colitis etc. collagen helps with the absorption of water within the intestines, keeping things moving more freely out of our bodies.
- Boosts metabolism, helps to maintain muscle mass, prevent bone loss, and improves energy levels. A boost in collagen may help increase your metabolism by adding lean muscle mass to your frame and helping with the conversion of essential nutrients.
- Protects cardiovascular health because the amino acid proline helps your arterial walls release fat buildup in the bloodstream, shrinking the fat in the arteries and minimizing fat accumulation. Collagen also helps to improve circulation and lower blood pressure.
- Helps build healthy DNA strands. It’s also one of three amino acids that form creatine, which promotes healthy muscle growth and boosts energy production during workouts. Our body’s collagen production naturally begins to slow down as we age, so using a collagen supplement can make a big difference.
The key with any supplement of course is the quality. You want to be sure the collagen is from real food that is organic and sustainable, and free from hormones, antibiotics, and environmental toxins like mercury (which can be found in large predatory fish).
Personally for me I use BPI SPORTS Collagen because it’s hormone-free collagen hydrolysate (broken down so it’s easier to digest and absorb), it’s got added MCT’s, acacia fibre and raw cocoa for added antioxidants
**Enjoy 20% off BPI SPORTS Keto Collagen Peptides with code RYALL20.